Did you know….between 50 and 100 people die every year in Slough due to the Flu, a third of which are otherwise healthy individuals with no underlying health conditions. Do you want to risk getting the flu?
1) Flu is NOT a bad cold. Flu can leave you bedridden for weeks and potentially lead to hospital admission and death
2) You CANNOT get the flu from the jab – The adult jab is not a live vaccine, so it is impossible to get the flu from the jab. If you become ill after it will because you were already ill/infected or have a different illness
3) The MOST effective way of not getting the flu is getting the flu jab- A healthy diet and lots of vitamin C makes no difference to your chances of getting the flu. Remember, it’s not a cold!
You are advised to have the flu vaccination if you:
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- are human
If you don’t qualify for a free vaccine then you can simply pop to your local pharmacy and pay to have one done. Usually around £6-10 e.g. Tesco, Asda, Boots etc..